First I want to thank Miss Demure Restraint for nominating me for the Versatile Blogger Award. I have been slow in fulfilling my obligations connected with receiving the award and I apologize profusely! I do all my internet on my Blackberry and find it challenging, plus I was trying to find 15 blogs I wanted to award the honor and I was working and day dreaming (I have to be honest| there is a certain amount of day dreaming included in all my days:))
Anyway, I was truly honored and surprised to receive the nomination; I truly don’t feel worthy when I look at the talented bloggers out there including Miss D! But I accepted none the less! Hey! The last time I got an award for anything was probably 40+ yrs ago when I was in Girl Guides.
So with a little curtsy and a wave of my arm I present to you the links to the 15 sites I feel worthy of receiving the award. I just want to add that every single one of these people not only have fantastic blogs but have been welcoming, helpful and generous with their words of wisdom to this blogging newbie. Thank you to everyone! π
Now for the 7 things you probably don’t know about me.
1. My first job was as the gift wrapper at a high end dress shop. That is where I was told the K.I.S.S. principle. I did it every year for 5 years. It was the best job ever.
2. I have been married 3 times! Yikes! I hardly ever admit that, I usually only admit to 2 because the 2nd one didn’t even last until the 1st anniversary and cost me $10,000 to get out of. Don’t ask me what I was thinking, it’s not worth talking about that’s why I don’t include it.
3. I don’t exactly climb into the dumpster but if I can reach it and hook it out some how I love to go dumpster “diving”. It amazes me what people throw away and I get enormous satisfaction from refurbishing, repurposing, and giving new life to some thing someone else thought useless. That includes things I pick up while working, from flea markets and garage sales.
4. I always wished I could paint and then about 6 years ago while living away from civilization with no radio, TV or phone out of boredom I took some acrylic paints I had and a cookie sheet and tried painting flowers. I would paint anything I could find, metal preferably because if I screwed up I could wash it off and start over. Some I liked so well I clear coated them. At one point I was totally broke and took my painted things to a tourist town nearby and a shop owner bought everything I had and asked for more. She said she’d take everything I could produce as long as she had exclusive selling rights. I stopped painting last year, I don’t know why. I started again last week.
5. I love to dig in dirt, bring old over grown gardens back to life (see a theme here?) I have also taught myself how to build ponds and lay flagstone. Every place I’ve lived in the past 10 years has a pond now.
6. In Dec 2008 my business was featured on the front page of the Financial Section of The Province Newspaper.
7. In 2007 I was baptized in English Bay, Vancouver, BC with my son (who was baptized the year prior and had gone from being a drug addicted street kid to getting his GED and being enrolled in university getting his BA in Theology) by my side. My son is my life and through all our struggles we always have each other’s back.
I sure hope this works, so many times have typed for hours on my Blackberry only to lose it just as I finish.
I will be notifying my nominees within the next couple of days.
I just realized there are only 12 links here, I will figure out who got missed and post them within a day or two.
Once again thank you to Miss Demure Restrain for nominating me!
Posted by Carrie the Lady Witha Truck using WordPress for BlackBerry.