Finding a casket at the scrap yard could mean quite a few things.
– A funeral home went out of business
– It went out of style
– Someone bought one and didn’t need it? Kinda makes you wonder, didn’t it fit, wrong colour?
– Times are really tough so someone dug up grandma and cashed in her casket; they took the bronze plaque in last year.
– It’s a sign that the scrap business is dying a slow painful death. I can believe this one because the prices are so low the scrap yard is like a morgue.
– A couple bought two and now are divorcing and one of them plans on coming back to haunt the other one so has no need for it.
– It fell off the hearse and no one noticed and it didn’t have a “If Found Return To” sticker on it.
I thought I’d seen everything at the scrap yard but this takes the cake so far. It would make a great Halloween prop.
Posted by Carrie the Lady Witha Truck