My first distressing project and I like the way it turned out.
I have been distressed myself lately and trying to keep myself occupied and make good use of these days off.
I started the table two days ago and worked on it between doing yard work and digging up garden beds.
All I did was give it a light sanding and then painted it a pale olive green with a little tin of paint I got for a couple of bucks at Habitat for Humanity. After that dried I applied two coats of white paint.
When the white was dry I took fine grit sandpaper and distressed areas that would be worn with use.
Then a coat of clear varnish and its almost dry.
It made quite a mess in the house and I got dust every where from sanding. My next project is the rocking chair and I will do that one outside.
I really like the table white, I think it looks cottagey. (I don’t think that’s a word)