This is from Huffington Post, I thought it was worth sharing.
Everyone has their own definition of “success”, and through the generations the definition of success has changed as male and female roles changed, values changed and technology brought change.
I have always held the belief that you don’t know if a person is successful until they are dead. As long as we are breathing we have the chance to succeed or fail! Someone can seem successful by all outward appearances if you gauge success by material wealth but be a miserable failure as a husband and father.
Here are 19 things that mean a woman is successful according to HuffPost readers:
1. Doing something impactful and loving every minute of it.
2. Finding the good in life’s imperfections.
3. Realizing that your contribution to the world is valued, if not by others, by you.
4. Making a difference by teaching others to achieve success.
5. Living and loving fully, without shame and without apology.
6. Promoting a just cause, such as the fight against ethnic profiling.
7. Going to the beach every day!
8. Making your family happy.
9. Playing an active role in achieving gender equality.
10. Having the ability to control your own schedule.
11. Being healthy — and having a job that helps other women do the same.
12. Having the strength to try, try again — even when you fall flat on your face.
13. Being proud of yourself.
14. Doing your best and being grateful for everything good in your life.
15. Finding a healthy balance between a loving home and a career you enjoy.
16. Having people in your life who can always make you smile.
17. Loving what you get to do for a living.
18. Knowing that your daughter will be able to stand up for what’s rightand is not afraid to be herself around others.
19. Learning to be in the moment instead of constantly going, going, going.
This list pretty well sums up success for me and it wasn’t until I read it that I realized I am beginning to be successful in my own eyes and who better to judge whether I am successful or not, but myself.
What does success mean to you?
Posted by Carrie Reimer the Lady WithaTruck